The BUCATSTATE Hamster Cage Metal 2.0 or the MEWOOFUN Wooden Hamster Cage Large?

That’s really good her fur has improved.

It looks amazing so far! What are the things you like and don’t like so far about the cage?

I kind of agree with Daisy and it might be better to have substrate under the right shelf as well - you could maybe just slope it down. There could still be a couple of inches gap under the shelf for a hamster to sit. It’s better to have a decent depth of substrate in the whole cage really. Although I know some people like to have a sand area. Maybe the sand bath could go on top of the shelf!

Some people stick moss or bedding in the bendy stick bridge gaps to make them safer.

Last edited:
By the way, are those Getzoo platforms? If so I was just wondering if the legs fitted in the holes ok?! I had some recently and the legs were too big for the holes! It was a nightmare trying to sand them a bit as they are hardwood.

That looks amazing! Where did you get the houses at the bottom, with the drawings on them?
If you mean the house near the back with the granite roof I think it looks like a rodipet one. And the Rodipet Watchbox maybe?

Good to hear that her fur looks better, it would just have been her scent glands then, probably just a lot of scent marking being in a new home.

The cage does look nice.
I agree about the substrate though, the things under the shelf could go on top, they love to burrow in the substrate & particularly seem to like to dig under platforms or shelves so I would fill it up under there & keep the substrate level more or less throughout.
If the smaller house isn’t too heavy it might be ok just sat on top of the substrate.
The usual idea is to leave space to burrow under houses, they’re usually a bit heavy & need dowels attached as legs, the larger one is probably ok as it is now but I would raise the smaller one up on the substrate.
If the substrate is level it makes it easier to add in hides too, things like coconut hides, cork tunnels or other hides to fill up some of the open space.

By the way, are those Getzoo platforms? If so I was just wondering if the legs fitted in the holes ok?! I had some recently and the legs were too big for the holes! It was a nightmare trying to sand them a bit as they are hardwood.
Yep Getzoo platforms. I used a rubber hammer to get the legs in the holes. Not my favorite product. The Rodipet platform are much better 👍

I should have thought of that!

So does that mean I need to upgrade? He isn't showing stress behaviors.

If he is happy in it then no you don't need to :) Just fill the base with substrate.

Back