Hamster Wheels 2024

Well, there's a shiny new blue Savic parked outside Sox's cereal box! He was out when I came in, but when I turned on the light he went into his nest. It's quite quiet and nice and see through. I can put it on its stand for the playpen if he wants it there. Now we will have to see if he will take it for a spin 😄

Attachments

• 20240112_185006.jpg
    20240112_185006.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8
Well, there's a shiny new blue Savic parked outside Sox's cereal box! He was out when I came in, but when I turned on the light he went into his nest. It's quite quiet and nice and see through. I can put it on its stand for the playpen if he wants it there. Now we will have to see if he will take it for a spin 😄
I am sure Socks is going to be very happy. Did you go out and buy one today?

Just a note…ours was a little stiff to start with and Blossom was finding it hard to use it. I oiled the spindle with olive oil and it loosened it up 👍

He ran in it, then ran round his cage, so I helped him to his playpen with the wheel and he did some tunnel runs, but spent as much time on his wheel. It makes a soft rubbing sound but it's not loud. It rattles when fixed on the bars, but I suspect that could be fixed with some cardboard. At the moment it is on its stand with a bit of loo paper to stop it tapping the cardboard bedding panel. He's in his element! He seems to prefer running with his right feet nearest the inside of the wheel.

Just a word of warning - they get very precious about the wheels in their cage, so if he ever notices you taking the wheel out of the cage there may be major tantrums! Even if you do put it in the playpen! He will become territorial about it in the cage.

I tend to see playpen time as separate from time in the cage and leave the wheel in the cage. Or have a spare wheel in the playpen. I have a flying saucer in the playpen area - it's not too expensive.

Trixie 30cm running disc

Raffy actually has a trixie plastic wheel and the running disc in the playpen area and uses both!

I tend to see playpen time as separate from time in the cage and leave the wheel in the cage. Or have a spare wheel in the playpen. I have a flying saucer in the playpen area - it's not too expensive.

Trixie 30cm running disc

Raffy actually has a trixie plastic wheel and the running disc in the playpen area and uses both!
Yes 😄 I can see a request for a second wheel is going to be made tonight! 🛞❤️🐹

I will try to video Socks on his wheel if he will come out with the lights on.

Socks and I bought a Pets at Home wooden wheel for £15 online. I think there are probably discount codes on their web page, but I forgot to apply them in my enthusiasm. Nevertheless the price is very good for a wheel. Here are some photos to start off. The wheel weighs 684g.

Attachments

• 20240324_094822.jpg
    20240324_094822.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240324_094743.jpg
    20240324_094743.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240324_094721.jpg
    20240324_094721.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240324_094701.jpg
    20240324_094701.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240324_094618.jpg
    20240324_094618.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4
Thank you for posting those photos :) Did you find the quality ok? No splintery bits and everything working ok? I suspect it is the same as the trixie version but rebranded possibly :)

Back