Guest viewing is limited

Thoughts on 3D printed hamster items from Roselark?

breadbunny

Well-known member
Member
Messages
50
Reaction score
121
Points
68
Hi everyone I recently came to realise that there are 3D printed accessories from stores like roselark. This is interesting because their items are really nice and I would be able to use their products for my adopted hamster’s cage since one of the requirements was no wooden items (which I’ve already broken the requirement on 🙊).

This opens up a lot of possibilities for me to decorate the cage so I would be buying a lot of items there. There’s even multi chambers, large sand baths and platforms. Hopefully someone here has experience with them since they are a UK based site too 😆😆
 
I have bought something from them - it was the moon hide. I haven't actually used it yet. It seemed ok. I think with anything like, you'd have to keep an eye in case a hamster decided to chew it. While they are quite hard, I suppose they could crack if chewed a lot. You could maybe try one item and see if it gets chewed or not! The platforms look nice. I'd be tempted to use cardboard for a multiroom house though.
 
I have 3d printed hides from both Roselark and Mr mango makes but only use them as top hides and wooden things underground due to my previous hammy being a bit of a chewer underground .My new hammy is the same,she chews underground,but not up on top.As Maz has said above ,they can splinter if chewed,so I wouldn't use underground just in case ,but my hammy has yet to chew anything above ground.However ,some have no issues at all,it really depends on your hammys personality .
 
Or - instead of a cardboard house, how about making one out of hemp mat? I saw someone do that once. Not a multiroom house, a general house but it might work for a multiroom house as well. Only thing is it wouldn't be cleanable - it would mean replacing parts if they got pee'd on. Hemp mat can be very versatile though.
 
@Maz @Yorkie , good point about the chewing! I also noticed that they tend to chew underground, I suspect it’s to do when they burrow and try to chew things out of the way 🤔🤔 thanks for heads up about the splintering! That will not be good. I think I shall get the hides and bridges from them!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maz
@Maz @Yorkie , good point about the chewing! I also noticed that they tend to chew underground, I suspect it’s to do when they burrow and try to chew things out of the way 🤔🤔 thanks for heads up about the splintering! That will not be good. I think I shall get the hides and bridges from them!
Agree, I think it's when something is in the way underground. Shame as the platforms seem so nice. There are those acrylic ones I mentioned which I would think would not be chewable or crack - but ...........

You could use an upside down pyrex dish or similar, instead of a wheel platform maybe?
 
I found with Robin especially,she wouldn't chew anything where I could see her,she used to see me and walk away lol But when she was in her multichamber under ground she would chew the edge of the openings . But her red hide above was always left alone,even when she was sleeping in there. I have only read that these 3d printed things can splinter ,but never witnessed it .
 
Back
Top