Saffron

Eriathwen

Hamster Legend
Reaction score
Very excited to introduce this absolutely beautiful girl, Saffron! She was being kept with her sisters but they started fighting so here we are 😍 she is, so far, incredibly confident and nosy, straight on her wheel after only having a little flying saucer. She has been having a great time exploring her new space, and hopefully won't be too hard to tame when the time comes.
Shes currently eating pets at home food which I cant wait to transition her off because its so awful looking compared to the seed mixes, but she seems to like it at least.
She is only a youngster, 8-12 weeks at most and has the most amazing little red eyes! 😍😍

Screenshot_20230306-151752_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230306-151747_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230306-151742_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230306-151720_Gallery.jpg20230306_152202.jpg

Thankyou all! She's a funny little thing, she's already made such a mess with her sand bath, first time she's had one and now there's sand everywhere 🤣 but she's had fun, which is the main thing I suppose. She did eventually figure out she's meant to roll in it, not just dig it out all over the floor 😅

It's quite a culture shock to go from an ageing hamster to a young baby again! I remember that :) But she has landed on her feet with you and will have a wonderful life and good care.

It certainly has been a shock, I thought Orsa and Pasha were quick but she's like a little bolt of lightning 🤣 it's been over a decade since I had a baby, the girls were already 14 months old when I got them, the only other little dwarf I had was when I was in college, he was a sickly little thing who mostly slept and unfortunately only lived to 6 months. Saffron is a completely different ball game 😅 she's going to be great fun, I can tell!

Of all the nice places I've given her to sleep, all the nice tissue and paper bedding and nesting material to build a nest, lovely soft hay...shes asleep in her smaller sand bath/jar!! 🤦‍♀️🤣 she really is a silly thing. Must be what she is used to, she had a transparent little house before. She has been well worth the wait, I haven't laughed so much in quite some time!

Screenshot_20230306-200712_Gallery.jpg

I cant wait to try taming her, shes already very keen to make friends. She will come right up to the front of the cage when you talk to her. I was expecting her to go off and hide for a few days. I only heard Orsa and Pasha on their wheels for the first little while 😅

I cant wait to try taming her, shes already very keen to make friends. She will come right up to the front of the cage when you talk to her. I was expecting her to go off and hide for a few days. I only heard Orsa and Pasha on their wheels for the first little while 😅
She sounds so curious and excited. It was so lucky you found her. I can hear how happy she has made you and it makes me smile. :)

Hi Saffron, what a sweetie, she’s gorgeous and sounds like she’s going to be lots of fun. 😁

Shes a little bugger is what she is!! All that time neither of the other girls bothered the industrial velcro that I used to attach the water bottles to the wall and block up the hole on the side of the duna multi cage.. not this one! She's been trying to chew it 🤣 I'm going to have to figure out a way to block it off safely. For now I've wedged a piece of cardboard over it and she's ignoring it for now.

Far too busy gathering the small amount of bunny nature dream food I've scattered.

20230307_003216.jpg20230307_003149.jpg

She’s really keeping you on your toes!
What a sweet funny little girl she is 😍
I often found with very. young Russians that they tend to have big spurts of activity then fall asleep in odd places, their curiosity does tend to overcome their nervousness too which makes taming & bonding easier.

Back