Guest viewing is limited

Rodipet new MCH

RainbowBrite

Hamster Guardian
Founder Member
Reaction score
Rodipet has a new multichamber hide with a ramp. I really like the addition of the ramp. It looks like it is lined with cork which will give a good grip. You can buy shelves for them which means you can pop a ceramic toilet in one of the compartments without worrying it will come out or get lost in bedding.

Dwarf hamster design:

Syrian hamster design:

Hmm. I'm not quite sure what all that's about. I think platforms in the house will just get pee stained. Also it looks like the platform only fits in if you use the rodipet legs so it sits on the inside part of the legs. I can't quite follow what they're saying but I think what they're saying is - instead of longer legs, you can bury it up to roof level. That means you could have 30cm of bedding. I didn't quite understand the bit about stacking them to make a little village! The ladder looks good but wouldn't be needed if you buried the house in 15cm of bedding.

One platform has a hole in so the hamster can dig down underneath? But they could do that without a platform. Unless they mean the platforms are to stack it on top of another house so the hamster can go down the hole in the base platform into the house below?

They need to start selling legs in a variety of different lengths like Getzoo and others do. If the house is to be buried underground with just the roof showing then it might as well just be a platform in a way. If stacking two on top of each other - trying to work that out. The top house would need a floor in and they'd sleep in/use the bottom house?

Perhaps it's buried to reduce the light ingress? The ceramic loo might reduce the pee stains. Two houses could fit together into a rectangle, but then the only access would be via the roof holes. I wonder how wide hamster tunnels are in the wild. They are probably more spacious and less cluttered than ones in paper in captivity. But then hamsters in cold climates need more insulation.

Reactions: Maz
Perhaps wild hamsters need to keep their tunnels clear so that they can run through them quickly in emergencies

Reactions: Maz
Can they fit two together? I think it’s a good house as a standard house with longer legs and maybe the floor in one compartment could be good to sit a toilet on so it doesn’t sink. If the floor part is plastikoted it shouldn’t get too messed up if the hamster pees around the toilet as well as in it. The tricky thing there is the floor won’t stay in place unless the Rodipet legs are used and they’re only 15cm. So I guess it could be buried or plastic buried. But then they’d have less substrate underneath the house.

Oh, it looks like it's one way up only!

Back