Guest viewing is limited

Rescue and Adoption Centres 2023

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
Currently known Rescue and Adoption Centre for Hamsters in various parts of the Uk is:

Happy Hamsters - link below

Many rescue and adoption places seem to have closed since the pandemic, so if anyone knows of any in their area please add them below or start a new post.

ARC are a lovely rescue that often have hamsters.

Reactions: Maz
Thank you Flapjack - that is great to know - so many internet lists of rescues are out of date now so it really helps other members to know where to go.

A few I know of around London:
https://www.facebook.com/scallywagspetshop (this last one is an independent pet store that sells their own syrian hamsters but does also take in rescues of all hamster species)

Thanks AJ. I have heard of Scallywags because they sell the Volta cage on Ebay and Amazon (says they imported it).

I almost adopted a lovely syrian from Hamster Foster and Rescue uk but my ruddy living world eco screws (not the original ones cos I lost those) wouldnt screw in properly. Really fed up with trying to get screws the exact size of the original ones. Seems to be impossible!

Anyway never mind my moaning. They seem like a really good group. I joined them on facebook.

I almost adopted a lovely syrian from Hamster Foster and Rescue uk but my ruddy living world eco screws (not the original ones cos I lost those) wouldnt screw in properly. Really fed up with trying to get screws the exact size of the original ones. Seems to be impossible!

Anyway never mind my moaning. They seem like a really good group. I joined them on facebook.
I am guessing you emailed the company? I was wondering if they could send you some.

So found out it is a company called Hagen but cant find their email address.

Yey found it. Really hope they can send replacement bolts!!!

Last edited:
They said that the cage hasn't been available for sometime and they no longer have any spare parts.

Considering getting a dwarf hamster for my st elmo xxl cage (100 x 50cm like a short barney).

That's a great find Rainbow (I nearly said Orko lol). Very useful for anyone in London. I notice they have the same photo as one on our home page - that photo is everywhere! It's free on an Image Bank which is probably why it's so popular with websites. Most image bank photos you have to pay a licence. As it's in so many places I might find a new photo for our home page! It is an incredibly cute hamster (and cute photo) though.

Small rescue in Devon

EDIT: Apparently no longer operating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maz
Back