Cardboard creations

Member ID2

Former Member
Reaction score
There used to be a tile in the summer my hamster liked to sit on to groom but not anymore.

Here's the very simple and warmer cardboard replacement, filled with toilet paper strips.

He may sit there to groom or i may find the box empty tomorrow morning. We'll see.20221020_202035.jpg

Wow some great cardboard ideas there! Pringles tubes are good too 🐹. By the way there is a hamster smiley in the smileys :) I just used it to show it.

I also like that ten toilet roll toys video - I've made the food parcels from that before. I always intended to make the hammock as well but made an egg box hammock instead.

Love the tree! You are clever. I am not particularly creative like that unless someone gives me instructions! My set ups tend to be a bit symmetrical! Very hamster friendly but symmetrical! My attempts at being non symmetrical don't seem to work somehow.

I wasn't sure about that so thank you for explaining - whether you had cut it in half to make an arch or whether the bottom part of the tube was just buried.

I always like using the cardboard tubes that reusable water bottles come in. Like a chilly's water bottle. You can usually push out the end and it makes a long but perfect Syrian sized tube!

I had made some Halloween themed hides and boredom breaker this year and completely forgot to post them. Here they are:
PSX_20221121_214344.jpgPSX_20221121_214225.jpg

The paint used is a water based and non toxic. Ares hasn't chewed these at all but if you have a hamster known to chew, don't paint them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riven, Wow, these look so cool, fab idea :)

It is a great idea isn't it?! I will have to try it. A raisin box is just the right size for a hamster to play with!

Riven those are great - I am no good at making things like that ha ha. I can make hamster sized Christmas crackers though. A toilet roll tube with some treats inside and you just put some paper over and lightly twist the ends (so it's not too difficult to pull apart). I was a bit wary of using coloured wrapping paper at first but Charlie wasn't a chewer. You could always use brown or white paper though. I didn't think Charlie would untwist the ends so I cut a hole in one side so he could get the pumpkin seeds out and look what happened.

P3041030 (2) resized 600.jpgP3041027 resized 600.jpg

Maz, these are fab too. I’ll definitely do this 👍

I also forgot about my egg box hammocks. It wasn't my idea originally - I saw it on Pinterest I think by Vectis Hamstery (I think). The smaller one worked better :) The bigger one was not so stable but still got used - mainly it was for overhead cover, but the little one got used by Nugget the robo - it was right next to his shelf.

P4231449 resized.jpgA Kerry enrichment better (1).jpg

Back