Guest viewing is limited

Barney cage

Wren the robo

Hamster Legend
Reaction score
The Barney cage is back at zoo plus. It's out of stock at the moment but it's only just recently appeared on their website again. It is a 100cm cage, when I owned one previously it was a good cage due to the narrow bar spacing and it was quite a sturdy cage ,however I couldn't get on with the small doors on the front. 🙂 However it's now £74 😱

• Love
Reactions: Maz
Wow! I am off to look. I had one too. It was a good depth, about 54cm and seemed much bigger than a 100 x 50 cage. I also liked the height. I also didn't like the two small front doors! Which is why I sold mine and got a Plaza. But I did miss the size and the narrow bar spacing.

At least it did have a big top door though and I found the small doors worked ok with an outgoing hamster but not a shy one.

Wow! I am off to look. I had one too. It was a good depth, about 54cm and seemed much bigger than a 100 x 50 cage. I also liked the height. I also didn't like the two small front doors! Which is why I sold mine and got a Plaza. But I did miss the size and the narrow bar spacing.

At least it did have a big top door though and I found the small doors worked ok with an outgoing hamster but not a shy one.
Yeah. Same. I couldn't cope with a skittish hamster and teeny wee doors. 😆

I first got it as an upgrade for our first Syrian, who was already over a year old. I used to have to lower a tube through the top door and he'd walk into that. Our second Syrian was much more gregarious and would come to one of the front doors, wanting to come out, so it worked out for him. My next Syrian after that though was quite shy and would hide a lot and it didn't work at all. In a way I wish I'd kept it as it could work for a dwarf, with enough substrate in and just using the top door perhaps. They were very popular though as they were a cheap option for a large cage - they used to be about £49 I seem to remember.

Just had a look - it's great they are shipping to the Uk again! They have the Skyline Marrakesh as well :) For the last few years they've only had the Hamster Heaven available to the Uk market.

I'm aware the Barney was available in France from Zooplus for a while.

It looks just the same. Another advantage was it came with a good shelf and house so not much else was needed to buy, apart from a bigger wheel and floor items. But at almost £75, I think people might prefer to get a Plaza. And the Plaza 120 is only £100. On the other hand - it is the only large cage with 7mm bar spacing. At the moment! The Savic Aura will have 6.5mm bar spacing. I'll add the link as some people might not know it.

Just noticed they also have this playpen! It looks quite good and isn't too expensive. I'm not sure what the floor is - cloth? Ah it says "water repellant floor sold separately". And the bar spacing is too wide for hamsters. So forget that!

Just noticed they also have this playpen! It looks quite good and isn't too expensive. I'm not sure what the floor is - cloth? Ah it says "water repellant floor sold separately". And the bar spacing is too wide for hamsters. So forget that!

Yeah it's more like a guinea pig cage. The floors like a thick canvas. The rescue centre shop sells them as a complete set up. They're actually like a 2x4 c&c cage.

Reactions: Maz
Back