Guest viewing is limited

Socks: Mouseworks Dynamic Cardboard Redesign and Basic Tunneling

That really made me laugh seeing the lid popping up and down :) I think she really liked it! They tend to rummage and bang about inside at first when they're taking ownership. Shame it got condemned, it looked good!

I got some glue off it on my hands while removing the base and tried to wipe it off with water, but when Socks started chewing that spot I got worried it might not be good for him. Then I cut the bit off and the whole house collapsed so I gave him an egg box instead 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
Aw, I am sure he will enjoy the egg box. Which glue did you use?

He has such gorgeous glossy fur by the way!
Thank you! He's still not sure if he likes me stroking him, but he has climbed onto my hands a couple of times and eaten treats on my hands and arms ❤️🐹

Oops, I think I posted twice, sorry!

Socks had his first free roam expedition last night. He seemed fairly together, but I was rather nervous. At the moment the cage is right beside my bed (🚫😀) so I let him go round it with the duvet creating a cave. I picked him up using the nice concertina tube and returned him to his cage and he rushed straight back. Eventually I had to gently stuff a resisting Socks back into his cage so that I could have a break and calm my nerves. But the cardboard-soliciting bar-biting drum kit solo did stop for the night!

I spilt some tea on the carpet a few days ago, so needed to wash the carpet. I was worried about his reaction to the noise - he went in the kitchen in his cage - and I kept checking on him, but I think he slept through it. He came out in the evening when I was cleaning his hamster toilet!

Aw, what made you nervous? Was it the thought he may escape your room? Perhaps if you wait until you get a playpen it will be less nervous for you. I think with hamsters once they free roam they will prefer that to a playpen. :)

It sounds like it went really well :). Free roaming can be a bit nerve wracking to begin with and depending on the hamster. I used to struggle to get them back sometimes! Luckily my current Syrian will just walk into a tube if I put it down.

Yes, I may be spoiling him. He is quite a headstrong hamster! I hamster-proofed the room, but I was still worried about him freaking out, but he handled it well and inched around, sniffing his way about rather than running in a panic. A playpen would be easier though, I'll order one today. He's not going to be content to just stay in his cage once he wakes up!

Back