Quick Question- The Waiting Before Posting

Hammie Heart

Hamster Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there! Just a quick question.

Sometimes I will try to post a comment and a little pop up will come up saying "Wait _ seconds before posting." Why does it give me this some days but not others? And why is it a thing at all? :unsure:

I don't know, I haven't had that. Maybe you're only allowed to post every 6 seconds or something. I'll check it out.

Many forums only allow you to comment every 10/20/30 seconds or so to limit how much spammers or bots can impact the boards. Because sometimes bots will spam forums with a post every second or so and it can really be overwhelming.

I get it occasionally but I haven't noticed it happening on some days but not others. I'm not sure why that would be. It might just because you're posting quicker on some days?

Reactions: Maz
I get it if I try to post one comment quickly after another...just to stop spamming and bots I guess 👍

I get it quite a lot & had just assumed it was a “I am not a robot” type of thing.

Well, thank you! But I am certainly not a robot, nor scammer! :( Some days I have many notifications and I post a comment them move on the next one, and so on and so forth. But I don't do it that fast... I don't think...

And Maz, sometimes I has me wait 30 seconds! Isn't that crazy?

Could it be a wifi thing. Maybe your device is just pausing whilst it uploads?

Nope. I've got all of my bars! This is so frustrating! :mad: I just had to wait 14 seconds to post this!!!!!

When you say you had to wait 14 seconds to post that last post, what did you do immediately before it?

Last edited:
I've checked the settings and it's called a "flood check". As mentioned above, it's a setting to prevent spammers "flooding" a forum. I think it shouldn't happen too much because people usually read something before posting or replying rather than just posting one message straight after another. Maybe if you started a few new threads all at once it might kick in.

Last edited:
Hammie Heart - could it be when doing the games posts? ie just typing one word and then going to type on another post? ie quick posting. I don't think it would happen otherwise.

Hammie Heart - could it be when doing the games posts? ie just typing one word and then going to type on another post? ie quick posting. I don't think it would happen otherwise.
It happens most for me on word association game followed closely by Keep one change one game (or vice versa)

Back