Nightcam recommendations?

Nikaaa

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was recently looking into getting a nightcam. I am quite paranoid over my hamster and I feel it would ease my mind seeing how he is during the night when I am asleep :’) he recently started waking up at 12-12:30. He used to wake up at 10-11. But after his moving to a new cage he switched so I have less time with him unless he will change his mind and start waking to his previous hours. But I do feel more comfortable knowing if he is ok. Any recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: Maz
This is mine but it's not cheap unfortunately.

Eufy £47

I wouldn't get this one - this is the one I sent back that had terrible image quality - waste of money. Unless I just had a bad one. It's mis-labelled as a Littlelf camera but the brand has changed to Lixit if you read further down. I had the Littlelf one for quite a while and it was good. When it broke I bought another one - it looked identical but the branding was Lixit. The recordings were SO bad I just sent it back.

Don't recommend this one personally

I know when I was asking for recommendations, @Daisy had a good one as well.

I have an Amazon Blink Mini. It does require a monthly subscription to store clips (otherwise you can only watch live).

There is this one as well. Tapo is a good brand for smart devices - we have a couple of smart plugs from it and it's a decent app. It's more reasonably priced than the one I have and no subscription needed. For all of them you'd need a micro sd card to put in it to record and watch later. Mine automatically records continuously. When the sd card is full it just goes back to the start and wipes over earlier stuff. So anything you want to save you just download to your phone. It has plenty of good reviews. My Eufy one only records when it detects motion. So when I look back at the night before's recording I can see when the hamster was out and scan through easier. I quite like that. As there's less to look through.

Tapo £35.26

Back