Guest viewing is limited

New 100cm cage from Pets at Home!

Actually yes that plastic one is new - this is the original one I was thinking of. Only 55cm wide! How strange they are both called "medium" and look very similar.

I do wish they would stop selling that awful Rosewood pico cage as well. And the small wire ones and the savic "gerbilarium".

Savic are definitely much more responsive to owners than Ferplast are. Ferplast cages are also massively overpriced. That Milos Large cage, which Pets at Home sells for £35, they sell for £75!

Even Savic are still making tiny cages though. They've recently made a smaller version of the Hamster Heaven called the Duncan, with the same large front door. I was a bit baffled when I saw it as it felt like backwards progress? In fairness, if you did need a small cage for whatever reason (like a hospital cage), this one would be a good option due to the large door. But they're also still making the oval-shaped Spelos which is a terrible cage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
I haven't seen that one before - how strange. Yes a smaller one could be a hospital cage and rat owners need smaller cages for breeding I think - but they should be labelled as that - eg "suitable for a hamster hospital cage only" if they are very small! And not give the impression they are suitable for a full time home. I guess the difference with the Duncan is it doesn't have the external tubes and penthouse - which is better. But the size isn't better!

At least Savic do make some good large cages but I guess all manufacturers are thinking commercially and try and cater for people who just want a smaller cage to fit the space.

Actually yes that plastic one is new - this is the original one I was thinking of. Only 55cm wide! How strange they are both called "medium" and look very similar.

I do wish they would stop selling that awful Rosewood pico cage as well. And the small wire ones and the savic "gerbilarium".
It is strange that this is called Medium as it suggests there was once something smaller.

But Ferplast are still selling Combi which is even smaller than this.

At least Savic do make some good large cages but I guess all manufacturers are thinking commercially and try and cater for people who just want a smaller cage to fit the space.
I agree, I think it's just about appealing to all audiences - those who want big cages, and those who want smaller ones.

Is this a ferplast based one as well? You see if that was just a bit bigger it could be a good cage! And if it had better access. But it's just under 60 x 40.

I think they sometimes call something "medium" due to the size range, even if there isn't a small and large version.

Is this a ferplast based one as well? You see if that was just a bit bigger it could be a good cage! And if it had better access. But it's just under 60 x 40.

That one doesn't look like Ferplast to me. The description says it's made by Classic Pet Products, so the same people who make the water bottles. I didn't know they made cages too.

I reckon the shelf will be the same as the one from the Ferplast Criceti 100 as that cage is the same depth - 57cm.

I reckon the shelf will be the same as the one from the Ferplast Criceti 100 as that cage is the same depth - 57cm.
Well spotted, it's probably the same base as the Criceti 100 too.

Reactions: Maz
That's what I meant to say too!

Huge difference in price between those two cages!

But also a difference in height and access.

But also a difference in height and access.
Yes, the Criceti has no front door which is annoying, but it does have a very large top door which helps. Ideally, I'd like a cage with both a large top door and a large front door. It's quite a tall cage as well.

Back