Maple 🍁 🌈 🐹

Emx93

Hamster Fanatic
Reaction score
Maple was our first hamster and joined us in June 2020. He started the love of hamsters and we honestly could not have asked for more with him! He was tame and friendly right from day one, such a cuddle bug and he loved his humans (especially his small humans). We also learnt so much from him 🥰 he shocked us on day 1 when my daughter put her hand in to put food down and he climbed right onto it! He got so used to having the small humans home schooling during lockdown that he would come out at the same time every day to watch my oldest do her online classes! He made a fair few appearences on the webcam 🙈 When she returned to school he would still wake up at that time and look for her (he had to settle for big humans instead 🤣). Everyone who ever met maple would comment on how friendly and tame he was 🥰 He grew frail as he aged but nothing some pain relief for his arthritis couldnt help- he was back on his wheel within a week of seeing the vet after we noticed him slowing down and using his wheel less. Sadly just a couple of weeks later in march 2022 he went to bed one night and simply never woke up 💔 it was an absolute pleasure to be his mum and I'm so grateful to have had him spend his life with us. While charmander helped to fill the hole he left each will forever hold their places in my heart ❤️
Run free little man 🥰 we still miss you so much ❤️
IMG_20220222_214604~2.jpgScreenshot_20220306-005844~2.pngIMG_20211222_123551.jpgIMG_20200603_233619~2.jpg

Maple was a very handsome boy. I agree they can behave differently when small humans are around. Our first hamster did too - he recognised the different child's voice and would pop out and look interested! Maybe small human voices are on one of their particular sound frequencies!

It's lovely when we see them throughout their lives into old age but so hard when they start to fail. At least he died peacefully at home. Play well over the Rainbow bridge Maple.

Maple was a very handsome boy. I agree they can behave differently when small humans are around. Our first hamster did too - he recognised the different child's voice and would pop out and look interested! Maybe small human voices are on one of their particular sound frequencies!

It's lovely when we see them throughout their lives into old age but so hard when they start to fail. At least he died peacefully at home. Play well over the Rainbow bridge Maple.
I'd never thought about the sound frequencies but I agree he definitely recognised each individual child's voice! It's definitely hard to see old age creep in and I found it hard that we didn't get to say a proper goodbye but it's also a relief that he passed peacefully and that there was no epic battle with illness at any point. Our first rescue cat passed to lymphoma just 4 months after he was adopted, we crammed a whole lifetime of love into 4 short months and he taught us to treasure each and every day because tomorrow is never promised. To have maple throughout his life and make so many memories really was such a blessing that I'll never take for granted but I'm eternally grateful for! He was our Ray of hope during lockdown and none of us will ever forget him 🥰 it is not the time we have them but what we do with that time 🥰

Maple was such a special hamster. It made me smile hearing how much he loved your children and how he made an appearance when they did their online lessons. I am so sorry for your loss.

Maple was such a special hamster. It made me smile hearing how much he loved your children and how he made an appearance when they did their online lessons. I am so sorry for your loss.
It makes me smile so much when I remember 🥰 I still have a chuckle at his little face when I greeted him instead of L on her first day back at school. He looked at me like erm mum where's my sister gone, he quickly forgave me for sending her back to school after a cuddle amd treats thankfully 🤣 he was sure glad to see her that evening though 🥰 they really did have such a special bond 💝

I think that's the good part when, after a period of time, you can remember the happy fun moments. Although it can take some time.

What a fabulous introduction to hamsters Maple gave you. He made sure that other hamsters would share his luck and become part of your family.
Maple had such a happy life and peaceful end. He was a lovely and lucky boy.

Play well at the bridge beautiful Maple.

2 Years without my special maple 🍁 he was the best first hamster we could have ever asked for and still holds a huge place in our hearts 💕 miss you everyday little man 🥰

Thankyou 💖 they are always tough but I always look back at maples time with us with so much joy! He was healthy until old age where he had arthritis but a week after starting metacam he was back on his wheel 🥰 sadly he passed a few days later. We were so lucky to have him from junior to elderly though 🥰 he is sometimes referred to as the golden child because he never got sick and had a happy healthy life filled with love and joy 💙

Maple sounds a wonderful first hamster, it’s a difficult time around their anniversaries, but lovely that you have lots of caring and fun memories from good times shared together. Sending caring thoughts 😊

Back