- Messages
- 40
- Reaction score
- 79
- Points
- 48
Gilbert is getting better with his eye! It’s already fully open today, thank God. There’s just some redness left around his eye. He’s also taking his medication without any problems now, so I’m hoping he’ll recover even faster.
As for the bump on Gilbert’s hand, I sent a photo to the vet. The vet said it’s most likely a wart or possibly a small wound from scratching. They suggested cleaning around the bump with warm water and gently dabbing some Betadine on it to help it dry out. Apparently, it may fall off on its own later.
I’m just a little nervous about applying Betadine because I’m worried he might immediately lick it off. What do you guys think?

As for the bump on Gilbert’s hand, I sent a photo to the vet. The vet said it’s most likely a wart or possibly a small wound from scratching. They suggested cleaning around the bump with warm water and gently dabbing some Betadine on it to help it dry out. Apparently, it may fall off on its own later.
I’m just a little nervous about applying Betadine because I’m worried he might immediately lick it off. What do you guys think?
