Hi everyone :)

Ghostt

Reaction score
Hi!
What started as a passing conversation with my partner 3 months ago ended up with me finally getting a little dwarf of my own after non-stop TikTok binge watching and hours of online research.. šŸ˜­

I had been slowly purchasing an enclosure and things for it until I was sure it was as perfect as I could make it, went to a pet store with my mom to get treats for my cats and saw this little guy in a tiny enclosure and knew he was the one. Went back the next day with my partner and we got him. He has only been with us a few days so heā€™s really just settling in but heā€™s out and about during the daytime, doesnā€™t seem to be nervous when weā€™re watching him (without being too close) explore his new home, and at this point Iā€™d die for him????

Meet Lebron James (idk my boyfriend named him šŸ˜­)

IMG_7118.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome. He's so gorgeous! That little face :) It's lovely to meet him. He looks very snug in all his bedding on that photo, and I love his name. Feel free to ask any questions if you want any tips about setting up an enclosure.

Hello & welcome to the forum šŸ˜Š
He really is an adorable little guy, such an expressive little face, lovely to meet you Lebron James šŸ˜

Hello and Welcome. He's so gorgeous! That little face :) It's lovely to meet him. He looks very snug in all his bedding on that photo, and I love his name. Feel free to ask any questions if you want any tips about setting up an enclosure.
right now I have it set up with lots of hides, bedding, enrichment, etc. Iā€™m kind of trying to see which ones he prefers and what he doesnā€™t really care for so once heā€™s more settled I can get a few more things he likes! I think living in the pet store has made him a daytime pal because he has been sleeping a lot of the night and loves coming out in the morning!

Woke up to his little face peeking at us, Iā€™m surprised heā€™s not skittish at all when we come up or walk by. Only if we move a little to quickly šŸ„ŗšŸ–¤šŸ–¤šŸ–¤

I couldnā€™t get a good photo, but he has a maze hideout in the back corner under some bedding with some substrates as well as a basket. Idk why it looks small in the photo, itā€™s above minimum by quite a bit šŸ˜­ any suggestions though Iā€™d love! We do scatter feed him

IMG_7114.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks amazing :) He'll love it in there. Some dwarf hamsters are day time hamsters :) It's great he's so friendly.

His enclosure does look really nice, he must be loving that, good idea to take some time seeing what he likes most too.

Itā€™s lovely that heā€™s calm & not nervous, many Russian hybrids are day active, the do tend to be most active early morning & in the evening but will come out during the day & have some activity in the night, they often donā€™t have so much of a routine as Syrian hamsters do.

His enclosure does look really nice, he must be loving that, good idea to take some time seeing what he likes most too.

Itā€™s lovely that heā€™s calm & not nervous, many Russian hybrids are day active, the do tend to be most active early morning & in the evening but will come out during the day & have some activity in the night, they often donā€™t have so much of a routine as Syrian hamsters do.
Ahh good to know I wasnā€™t 100% sure what to expect in activity level.

I appreciate the input and apologize for posting so much here Iā€™m just so anxious he has the proper care and is the happiest little guy, heā€™s the first hamster Iā€™ve owned since I was a kid šŸ–¤šŸ–¤šŸ–¤

Hi!
What started as a passing conversation with my partner 3 months ago ended up with me finally getting a little dwarf of my own after non-stop TikTok binge watching and hours of online research.. šŸ˜­

I had been slowly purchasing an enclosure and things for it until I was sure it was as perfect as I could make it, went to a pet store with my mom to get treats for my cats and saw this little guy in a tiny enclosure and knew he was the one. Went back the next day with my partner and we got him. He has only been with us a few days so heā€™s really just settling in but heā€™s out and about during the daytime, doesnā€™t seem to be nervous when weā€™re watching him (without being too close) explore his new home, and at this point Iā€™d die for him????

Meet Lebron James (idk my boyfriend named him šŸ˜­)

View attachment 6947
I love his colour and his sweet little face reminds me of a racoon

I love his colour and his sweet little face reminds me of a racoon
Thatā€™s what I said! Little bandit boy! He was labelled ā€œCampbellā€™s Dwarf Hamsterā€ but I feel like he might be a different breed. Iā€™m not 100% sure though šŸ˜­ love him regardless (also his carrier came the day after we got him, luckily he was only in the box 10 minutes)

Attachments

• IMG_7115.jpeg
    IMG_7115.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
He does look very sweet in his box looking up at you.

Pet shops do sometimes make false claims about species or they just donā€™t actually know sometimes but you wouldnā€™t find a pure bred Campbells in a shop, he will be a hybrid. Iā€™ve had quite a few & they are lovely hamsters & make great pets.

That means heā€™ll be part Campbellā€™s and part winter white, even if he looks more like one than the other. In the US in particular they do call them a species when they shouldnā€™t. I donā€™t believe there are any pedigree Campbellā€™s in the states - there are hardly in the U.K! There is a pedigree breeder of winter whites in YS now.

As Elusive says - they are still adorable pets!

That means heā€™ll be part Campbellā€™s and part winter white, even if he looks more like one than the other. In the US in particular they do call them a species when they shouldnā€™t. I donā€™t believe there are any pedigree Campbellā€™s in the states - there are hardly in the U.K! There is a pedigree breeder of winter whites in YS now.

As Elusive says - they are still adorable pets!
Yeah Iā€™m definitely not concerned, hybrid or not heā€™s cute as a button idc what he is hahaah

Hi and welcome to the forum! Great name LeBron James (basketball player??). Adore his colouring, heā€™s gorgeous and youā€™ve made him a wonderful home. Look forward to hearing all about him as he settles in šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

Back