Hamster Heaven

The shelf does look good.
Would you have enough space & height to put the wheel on the shelf? If you could you could then fill the base with substrate & everything else could just go on top of that.

The shelf does look good.
Would you have enough space & height to put the wheel on the shelf? If you could you could then fill the base with substrate & everything else could just go on top of that.
It's a large wheel so the shelf would be very low so still taking up floor space and if it could go higher then it would need some kind of climbing access. I understand what you are saying about deeper substrate throughout the cage but I'm not sure what benefit it would be to Pete he interacts with us all the time he sees and hears us because he is in the room which is kitchen dining and lounge all in one and seems happy not to be subterranean he does however have a very deep section for about a quarter of the cage he just makes one short tunnel into the corner where he goes to sleep. Thank you for your interest though.

That's a nice shelf, more practical than the green one and it free'ed up space.
Yes he has already explored it and I feel its a much safer option plus its custom made to fit o/h even rounded the wood so it goes right into the corners and it on sturdy 30mm dowelling inset away from the bottom of the cage curvature to the exact height of the base he's a precision engineer 😀

Back