Guest viewing is limited

Empty Nest

I’m sure it will seem very quiet and strange for a while. Perhaps you can find some groups in the village to get involved with.
 
I’m sure it will seem very quiet and strange for a while. Perhaps you can find some groups in the village to get involved with.
That was the plan a few weeks ago to have new things to do and somehow it didn’t get organised. I feel a bit headless chicken. A holiday might help! Change of scene.
 
He's actually been doing his own laundry for some time! Partly why it's hard - he's quite independent. I know it's a good thing really but sort of makes you feel a bit redundant. It's just the empty room really! And I had no idea it was going to feel like this.
 
Perhaps you will have grandchildren one of these days 🖍️🤸❤️ But in the meantime it is hard to see your family has gotten, well not smaller, but more dispersed. Still, he is doing really well 🎓📚 You can be proud 🥰
 
The feeling will wear off over time, but more so if you are intentional about it…speaking from experience after divorce 😏
 
I remember that feeling very well Maz. I was caring for my mother at the time (moved in with her) and my son would be with us in the holidays which was a good stepping stone.

Once Mother had died and my son had moved away the adlustment really began.

I am well used to it now. Having a dog and a number of small pets has been a godsend.

Hope you manage to come to terms with the newly empty nest very soon.
 
  • Flower
Reactions: Maz
It does take time though. If you find yourself wanting to stare at a spot on the wall, give yourself time to do so. But don't sink too deep. If you have had painful losses in the past it might be harder to deal with distances and parting, but this is only temporary. He still needs you 🌹❤️🙏
 
Back
Top