Guest viewing is limited

Do any of you have experience with this cage from Pawhut?

I have not but if you are in Germany you can often get second hand vivarums online.

There are also companies that make custom vivariums. 😊

Ooh I haven't seen that one before! I like the design. All I do know about the Pawhuts generally is they do have a reputation for being very flimsy and hamsters chewing out of the floor and escaping, so you'd probably need to be prepared to do bits of diy. Some people tile the floor of them and extra brackets inside the corners. But then you may have a hamster that doesn't chew :)

I think the design is good - a deep section for bedding with a front door above it so it's much taller than most tanks. I think there could be some possible issues with fall risks from the top shelf. You could leave the middle shelf out so the hamster can only fall onto substrate, but then it would be quite a drop.

Have you seen the 120cm Rodipet LaOla? It costs a bit more but is bigger - although doesn't have a front opening door.

It's this one. It is quite a bit more expensive though. It's 120cm wide by 50cm deep by 60cm tall. And those are internal measurements. It's not a good option for female Syrians though - they say that on the site - some female syrians have chewed their way out. What hamster is it for?

LaOla.jpg

It's this one. It is quite a bit more expensive though. It's 120cm wide by 50cm deep by 60cm tall. And those are internal measurements. It's not a good option for female Syrians though - they say that on the site - some female syrians have chewed their way out. What hamster is it for?

View attachment 3810
Wow! I did not know about this brand, but wow they have some amazing products! And the cage is available in my country. We are gonna have a winter white :) Thank you!

I’d better warn you - the Rodipet site can be quite addictive!

I think the cage you linked would work very well for a winter white if you’re prepared to maybe do the odd bit of diy while putting it together in case there are any splintery bits (eg a bit of sand paper handy), A dwarf hamster isn’t likely to chew through it and the front opening door at the top would be excellent for interaction with the hamster.

However I think it might be better with the shelves left out and the base section filled with bedding up to the bottom of the front opening door. One shelf is too low with deep bedding and the one at the top would be too high on its own so there would be fall risks. But you could maybe fix that shelf a bit lower down (diy) or use freestanding platforms instead.

If it’s for a dwarf hamster, I would go with the pawhut over the Rodipet just for the front access door. And it will give cost savings so you have more for cage items :)

Wow! I did not know about this brand, but wow they have some amazing products! And the cage is available in my country. We are gonna have a winter white :) Thank you!
I love Rodipet and have bought a lot of things from them. I have a dwarf hamster and he really loves the rodent rock they sell. :)

I’d better warn you - the Rodipet site can be quite addictive!

I think the cage you linked would work very well for a winter white if you’re prepared to maybe do the odd bit of diy while putting it together in case there are any splintery bits (eg a bit of sand paper handy), A dwarf hamster isn’t likely to chew through it and the front opening door at the top would be excellent for interaction with the hamster.

However I think it might be better with the shelves left out and the base section filled with bedding up to the bottom of the front opening door. One shelf is too low with deep bedding and the one at the top would be too high on its own so there would be fall risks. But you could maybe fix that shelf a bit lower down (diy) or use freestanding platforms instead.

If it’s for a dwarf hamster, I would go with the pawhut over the Rodipet just for the front access door. And it will give cost savings so you have more for cage items :)
My concerns with the Pawhut is that it does not seems like the wood is sealed at all? The Rodipet is sealed with UV-varnish. I am afraid that urin will go into the wood on the paw hut without sealing.

My concerns with the Pawhut is that it does not seems like the wood is sealed at all? The Rodipet is sealed with UV-varnish. I am afraid that urin will go into the wood on the paw hut without sealing.
You are right, you would have to seal it yourself. I would go for the Rodiepet one. :)

It would need painting with pet safe waterproofing paint (Rodipet sell one for their wood houses :). Some people don't paint the whole thing - just about 40cm up the sides inside, plus the base. That's what I meant about being prepared to do a bit of diy! As well as having sanding paper handy.
The Rodipet one is quite a bit bigger - more floorspace - but then it costs quite a bit more as well. They do do a 100cm one as well though. Which is about the same price as the Pawhut

This is their petsafe waterproofing paint if you're still thinking about the Pawhut. Incidentally these links are from the Uk version of the site. You just change .co.uk to .de on the end if you want the original German site :)

It would need painting with pet safe waterproofing paint (Rodipet sell one for their wood houses :). Some people don't paint the whole thing - just about 40cm up the sides inside, plus the base. That's what I meant about being prepared to do a bit of diy! As well as having sanding paper handy.
The Rodipet one is quite a bit bigger - more floorspace - but then it costs quite a bit more as well. They do do a 100cm one as well though. Which is about the same price as the Pawhut

This is their petsafe waterproofing paint if you're still thinking about the Pawhut. Incidentally these links are from the Uk version of the site. You just change .co.uk to .de on the end if you want the original German site :)

Thank you so much for your help. I bought the Rodipet cage 100x50 and a lot of Rodipet stuff for the cage as well :ROFLMAO: But I chose the Getzoo wheel with cork over the Rodipet wheel.
I will make a video of the result! Thank you for introducing me to this brand!

Back