Guest viewing is limited

Hamster Mail

Thank you for that update! I'm fascinated by the macaron hanger! What is it made of? Wood and loofah or something? It looks fun.

It's also really useful to know where you can buy some of these things. I think I would agree that I would expect just a bit more in each box. The cardboard boxes might be fun for some hamsters though! But most of us have plenty of free cardboard anyway.

Disappointing that it's sold for hamsters and so many things have fruit or sugar? in. They should have species specific boxes.
It's pieces of wood sandwiched with slices of loofah.

I think it might be better if you could indicate which hamsters species you have, and if you only have diabetes-prone species they could substitute the fruit treats for something more suitable.

• Love
Reactions: Maz
Yes that would be good - do you think they would accept that as an option?

Yes that would be good - do you think they would accept that as an option?
I suppose I could suggest it to them! I might email them now just to point out the fruit issue as maybe it's never occurred to them.

I've just emailed them and will update if/when I get a reply. I noticed in the FAQ they say that they don't include products with added sugar, but in practice there's no difference between added sugar and fruit sugars when it comes to diabetes.

Let us know what they say! It would seem sensible to offer species appropriate boxes.

I got this reply today:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent experience with Hamster Mail. We truly appreciate hearing from our valued customers, and we're glad to hear that you mostly enjoyed the products you received.

We're sorry to hear that the prevalence of fruit-containing treats in our boxes didn't quite meet the dietary needs of your Chinese and Russian dwarf hamsters. Your input is invaluable to us, and we'll definitely take your feedback into consideration as we strive to improve our offerings.

We completely understand the importance of catering to the dietary preferences and health concerns of different hamster species. Moving forward, we'd be more than happy to customise your future boxes to avoid, as best we can, treats that contain fruits or additional sugars.

If you're interested in exploring customisation options for your upcoming boxes, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to accommodate your preferences and ensure that your hamsters receive treats that are both delicious and suitable for their dietary requirements.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for being a part of the Hamster Mail community. We look forward to serving you and your hamsters in the future!

Interesting that they are willing to consider customising boxes.

That sounds positive! Worth knowing.

Only just seen this thread. These boxes look so nice, such a shame some of the offerings were too sugar based for the hamsters. Love the loofahs and the macaron hanging toy. The forage mix does look real yummy too. It’s a nice idea but as you say £16 is perhaps a little expensive, but I guess with delivery costs it’s also not too bad. A nice treat to do now and again. I wonder what they’d be like near the Christmas season?

Only just seen this thread. These boxes look so nice, such a shame some of the offerings were too sugar based for the hamsters. Love the loofahs and the macaron hanging toy. The forage mix does look real yummy too. It’s a nice idea but as you say £16 is perhaps a little expensive, but I guess with delivery costs it’s also not too bad. A nice treat to do now and again. I wonder what they’d be like near the Christmas season?
They tend to do seasonally themed boxes so I expect there's a Christmas box.

I noticed they also offer the option to send a box as a gift, which is a nice idea for a hamster-owning friend.

That's a lovely idea, a gift box :)

Back